Change your password
If you already know the password to your computing account you can change it using the form below.
By using University of Liverpool IT facilities, you agree to abide by the IT Acceptable Use Policy.
Your password must:
- Be at least 8 characters long
- Include a number
- Include both an upper and lower case letter
Your password can’t be:
- Easy to guess
- A previous password
- All numerical
- A normal dictionary word (forward or backward)
- Based on your username, first name, preferred name, surname or your old password
- You cannot use a space or any of these characters: . * : @ | # \ % , ; $ & £ < > + ' "
Other password tips:
- You are encouraged to include numbers and punctuation, and mixed case
- The characters in your password should be mostly different
- Your password is confidential; you must not tell it to anyone else